I know that you have a busy life and the upcoming tax season doesn’t help at all! Here are some quick tips to help with the process.
- Maximize retirement account contributions. Different accounts have different limits.
- Charitable Contributions in the form of cash or goods. You can do some good in your community and receive a tax write-off for it! Doesn’t get any better than that.
- Document all mileage. Utilize an app like MileIQ to help track your deductible mileage.
- Interest on debt. Interest paid on student loans, mortgages, and equity loans are deductible, if you itemize. Save these year-end statements.
- Gather documentation relating to any change in your tax situation such as marriage, addition of a child, purchase/sale of a home, stock investments, etc.
- Health Coverage. Ensure you are covered for the year either through an employer or the Affordable Care Act.
- Save all year-end documents such as W2, 1099, Interest/Dividend income, gambling earnings, and other forms in one place labeled “2017 Taxes for K&C Accounting!”.
To get started with reducing your tax stress, just contact us here and we will establish your personalized account. This allows you to upload tax documents from your computer or even your phone!
Our goal is for tax season to be less stressful for you. We’re here to help.